|Top Photo: Mary Lott's Bearded Collie, Harper, brings the flock home to Fido's Farm.
Following photos are all credit to Lisa Charaba.
Second Photo: Cynthia Mill's Australian Cattle Dog
Mango moves cattle with quiet authority.
Raenell Doyle's Australian Shepherd Jillian holds her
Ernesta Ballard's Border Collie Floss mesmerizes the
Directions/Map to Fido's Farm
Check out our
Herding Photo Gallery!
Sniff out our other classes here:
Links to Local, National and
International Herding Clubs:
Washington Association of Stockdog Handlers
All Breed Herding Club of Western Washington
Oregon Sheep Dog Society
United States Border Collie Handlers Association
American Herding Breeds Association
American Kennel Club
International Sheep Dog Society
Australian Shepherd Club of America
Herding at Fido's Farm
Come herd on our 82 acres in the serene and scenic Evergreen Valley, just east of Olympia, only 8 miles off I-5.
- Day pass herding is by approval only and is
for dogs trained to herd in a safe manner.
- Day pass per dog: $20 sheep or ducks, $25
sheep & ducks, $25 cattle when available.
Herding Lessons and Clinics
- Herding lessons with Chris Soderstrom or
Corinne Berg $35 (30 min.) Herding evaluation $45
- Private lessons with Karen Child $70 (45 min),
Scott Glen $70 (30 min) $120 (hour), Elsie Rhodes
$50. (Cattle lessons $65)
- To sign up for herding lessons or evaluations
- 26-acre field & two 12-acre fields
- Many smaller fields and arenas appropriate to all levels
- Fresh sheep year round
- All ASCA courses including post advanced
- AKC courses A, B
- AHBA sanctioned trials
- Ranch courses
- Duck courses
- Covered arena for night and winter herding
- Practice trials for both arena and open field herding
- Five-day residential sheep camp
- Clinics with talented instructors:
Scott Glen in March, August & October
Karen Child in April
Elsie Rhodes clinics various months
Come take a mob of sheep walkabout to our spectacular back 40!